Pedestrian Accident Claims
Have you been the victim of a pedestrian accident? At Smith Jones, we are here to assist you in making a pedestrian accident claim, whether on the road, pavement or a crossing. The dangers to children and young people can be considerable, particularly during the winter months when school journey times are darker.
Established in 1988, we have developed the expertise needed to ensure that anyone affected by a pedestrian accident is properly compensated.
When we talk about road traffic accidents, people often forget that pedestrians can also be a victim. This is not the case with our team. We are accredited by The Law Society and have successfully represented many people who have been affected by pedestrian accidents.
As experienced solicitors, we of course understand that some pedestrian accidents have tragic consequences and unfortunately, victims of these may suffer serious injuries or even fatal injuries.
If someone close to you has been the tragic victim of a pedestrian accident, we are here to support you when making a pedestrian accident claim on their behalf.
In unfortunate circumstances, we will always act in a highly sensitive and professional manner, as we work to obtain compensation for any unexpected expenditure that you have found yourself facing.
To find out more about making a claim for a pedestrian accident, call us on 0800 195 95 90 and discuss your claim with one of our expert team. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and are ready to take your call.
Whatever the severity of the accident you have been affected by, we can help you to receive the best compensation for the injuries sustained. We are here to help whether your case involves a clear cut claim for damages, or a complex claim that requires care and rehabilitation arrangements. Injuries sustained often involve vehicles and can therefore be considerable – the recovery process can be incredibly traumatic, but we’re here to help you throughout.
In any pedestrian accident claim, we will also work to ensure the victim is not only fully compensated for any injuries sustained, but also for any other unexpected expenditure.
Assisting us with your pedestrian accident claim
To ensure that you are properly compensated for a pedestrian accident that you have been affected by, there are a number of ways in which you can assist us.
Firstly, ensure that you retain a copy of the official police report. This report will contain a number of important details that will help with filing a claim for compensation. In some cases, this may also include the police opinion of who was responsible for the accident.
If you are able to, you should also take down details about the accident. These should contain as much detail as possible, even things that you may initially think are insignificant.
The most important details for a pedestrian claim include:
- Vehicle registration number
- Name of driver
- Make and model of vehicle
- Colour of vehicle
- Other significant information
If possible, also ensure that you have the following:
- Photographs of any injuries sustained, and of the site of the incident immediately afterwards if possible
- Any prescriptions and receipts for unexpected costs relating to treatment and medications
- Receipts for costs that have been incurred due to the injuries you have suffered affecting your daily life. Examples of these could include costs for taxis, childcare or holidays
- Proof of absence such as wage slips to confirm how long you have been unable to work and the income that you have lost as a result.
- A daily diary, recording any details that are not covered by receipts. These details could include how you got to and from hospital appointments, how long you spent at the hospital, and the pain and discomfort that attending appointments causes
- A record of how you are feeling and the difficulties you face each day as a result the injuries that you have suffered, both mentally and physically.
Our specialist solicitors have acted for individuals involved in accidents in the UK and abroad, and using their combined average of 23 years’ experience, can guide you through the many pitfalls of European law and claiming compensation for pedestrian accidents.
To begin the process of making a claim for a pedestrian accident, call us for free on 0800 195 95 90 and discuss your claim with one of our expert pedestrian accident lawyers. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and are ready to take your call.